Internet Safety Tips for Students
- Guard your identifying information (name, sex, age, address, school, teams).
It only takes a little information for a predator to identify you.
- Always remember, responsible adults do not pursue relationships with kids and teens.
- Make your username generic and anonymous.
- Make your online profile generic and anonymous.
- Know how to exit an inappropriate website.
- Attachments in e-mails from strangers can contain Viruses and Worms.
- Pictures are great to hand to a friend, but it's not cool to send them to an Internet 'friend.'
- Posting your picture on the Internet gives hackers the chance to doctor your picture and make fun of you to everyone on the World Wide Web.
- Chat room 'friends' are not always who they say they are.
- Know the rules about Intellectual Property. Do not illegally download music and movies